Alvin J Coleman & Son, Inc is currently hiring for an Accounts Payable Specialist in our Conway NH office.
Please email your resume & references to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a reliable and precise professional to help us properly maintain our payable information. The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can assign invoices to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors within the construction industry.
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Secondary support of scale operations
Accounts Payable Specialist Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in accounts payable
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
- Familiarity with Accounting Software. Viewpoint preferred, however, not required
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Strong organizational ability and a self-starter
- Ability to follow standard filing procedures
- Excellent attention to detail, professional attitude, reliable
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines